The Power of Mystery

You can read or write phone number list topic here. you can create new topic about the phone number list.
Jannat

The Power of Mystery

Post by Jannat »

Andy clings to a Campbell’s soup can. Robert Greene flips through an orange book. A urinal sits in Marcel’s lap. And JJ Abrams — beaming — hugs a light brown box. The bartender approaches Robert Greene and says, “So, what are you reading?” Andy slams his little fist on the table and says, “You mean to tell me that in a room with a man wearing a shock of white hair and holding a can of tomato soup, all you notice is a book? A stupid little orange book?” The bartender eyes Andy for a moment, shrugs, and turns back to Robert, “What are you reading?” “For God’s sake, man, I’m holding a urinal. Who cares what he’s reading,” Marcel says.

The bartender looks down on Marcel, raises an eyebrow, then turns his attention back to Robert. “Look!” JJ Abram says, “It’s a big box with a question mark on it! Aren’t you dying to know what’s inside my box? The one that rattles when I shake it? My mystery box? The one I bought thirty years ago Phone Number List and never opened? Don’t you want to know what’s inside? I do!” “I’m not into boxes,” the bartender says, “So, what are you reading?” Robert Greene looks up, smiles, and says, “Oh, were you talking to me? This book? Oh, well, it’s about … ” At that moment, an airplane crashes into the bar, killing everyone inside. What’s in your book? Does the scene above remind you of anything? Maybe a scene from one of JJ Abram’s films, perhaps? It’s a make-believe story, no doubt. Told to demonstrate a simple truth:
all the men above believed in the power of mystery. Andy Warhol once said, I learned that you actually have more power when you shut up. Marcel Duchamp believed the less you say, the more profound and mysterious you appear. He refused to explain his works of art — like a urinal he titled “Fountain” — and his fame grew. JJ Abram said, Mystery is more important than knowledge. And Robert Greene, reading out of the orange book, said, Humans are machines of interpretation and explanation; they have to know what you are thinking. When you carefully control what you reveal, they cannot pierce your intentions or your meaning.